- According to a 2019 study published in the Journal of Abnormal Psychology, between 2009 and 2017 depression rates increased more than:
- 47% among adolescents 12–13 years old
- 60% among teens 14–17 years old
- 46% among young adults 18–21 years old
- “Parental behavior and attitude changes and their connection to child changes in understanding identify an important mediating variable: family change.” A family-based approach to the prevention of depressive symptoms in children at risk: evidence of parental and child change. National Library of Medicine. 2003 Aug
- From https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-02206-9
- Age, Period, and Cohort Trends in Mood Disorder Indicators and SuicideRelated Outcomes in a Nationally Representative Dataset, 2005–2017. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 2019, Vol. 128, No. 3, 185–199
We believe that Christ’s love exhibited to others can only help facilitate healthy and positive change in all families.
- The problem is here before us.
- Our culture drifts in pain and hurt and distraction.
- Children and Families are the casualties.
- Yet, we at The Journey Church have a Vision, a Mission, a Purpose.